Archive for January, 2015
January 26, 2015 Leave a comment
January 21, 2015 Leave a comment
A couple of quick updates.
- I added a reading quiz for chapter 1. For some reason, I thought I had already done this – but I was wrong. It’s there now.
- In chapter 1 on moodle I have uploaded a vector practice worksheet. If you work through this and have any questions, we can talk about that on Monday.
- I have turned on WebAssign. You can self-enroll. Just go to http://webassign.net and click on the link for “enter class key” – here is the key selu 6465 2454. Remember that you can enroll for free and decide you like it.
January 19, 2015 Leave a comment
Welcome to the Spring 2015 section of PHYS 221. Let me point out a few (hopefully useful) notes:
- The syllabus is linked at the top. Read it.
- We will use the textbook Matter and Interactions – use it.
- I have created some homework quizzes in moodle. These are designed to check your reading of the material. The first quiz is due on Jan 28.
- There are TONS of videos to help you with the material. The videos link above has a list of videos.
- The primary objective of class time (the time that we meet) is to work on difficult things. If you don’t read the textbook beforehand, class time might be useless to you.
- In the past, I asked students to write notes to future students to help them with the class. Since you are the future students (according to them), this is for you. Advice for future students.